Friday, September 25, 2015

Realistic Role-Playing in Second Life


Photography by Fayette Aeon


         I was talking to a friend yesterday that I hadn't had the chance to catch up with for a while now. She told me she was doing rold-playing at Skarvald which is kind of a Norse fantasy sim. I think that sounds very cool. I use to role-play a lot more a few years ago. At one point I was in the same vampire clan for 2 years, which I believe in Second Life, is quite a long time.

          Since my depart from the vampire clan, because life happened for everyone, I have tried, Science Fiction, Hogwarts, Firefly and more but nothing has really stuck for me. I have thought about what I might be missing, or needing out of a role-playing area or sim.

          I just want something that feels present. I can go to sims now for role-playing, but there won't be anyone because its just for rp, or go to a shop to buy items but people are wanting to just go in and leave. If I go home or to my studio it is always just me, so no matter how vast Second Life is, or how many people are "active" on the grid, it can feel like a very lonely place.

          What came to my mind before, and more fleshed out while speaking with my friend, is the idea of a city centre maybe. A place where you can go to the library, or bar, or cafe and relax or do what you want, but also have Second Life designers set up shops. It can help support the tier, and pay for the buildings at first, but it would allow a more relaxed shopping experience along with a role-playing aspect that could be incorporated. I know on the Mischief Managed role playing area they have their own Diagon Alley, or at least they did when I was role-playing there.

          The role-playing sim I dream up doesn't have to have a certain era, or maybe it can be the place where many eras come together, many genres. I would just love a place where I can go relax, 'work', shop, meet people, go to a club, and feel like I am a part of a community. Because this IS Second Life, maybe this community city centre could even have "portals" to other worlds (like Asgard has :p) so that people can try different genres. Just some ideas! 

          Do you know of a sim like this, or would like to visit a place like this? What are some of your favorite role-playing sims, or what would you like to see? Tell me below so others can also learn more about different role-playing areas.

Photography by Fayette Aeon

Model Outfit



Hair:
Bens - Sinthia {Ginger}
Skin/Mesh Head:
Logo - Alex {Bloom}
Eyes:
IKON - Odyssey {Clarity}
Outfit:
SLX Outfit - Victoria

(Includes: Top, Necklace, Bracelets, Pants & Kindly Heels)
Hands:
Slink - AvEnhance Hands {Elegant1 & Gesture}
Nail Polish:
Alaskametro - Mint
Feet:
Slink - AvEnhance Feet {High}
Pose:
Aeon - 046

Links for looks in thought bubbles: [From bottom left, up and over]

Look 1     Look 2     Look 3     Look 4

Look 5     Look 6     Look 7     Look 8

No comments:

Post a Comment