Monday, September 14, 2015

Hyperlink in Second Life Profiles


          I learned once before how to add urls to my second life profile thank you to Scarlett Joy Zarco! After a while, I forgot how to do it, and felt bad having to ask her again. >.< Today I worked up the courage to ask her again, and she was so nice about reminding me. This time I wanted to post about it, not only to remember, but to also help others "clean" up their profiles if they so desire. 

          I mostly wanted to make sure I gave credit to the blogger that helped me because it's not like she had to, but it is great to get help from your peers and friends. Enjoy!

Photo on Flickr
          The top photo is what we are aiming for! This second photo is what most of us would probably end up with, when wanting to add links in our profiles. But if you set it up like it is in the photo at the bottom you should end up with the result at the top. EDIT: I forgot to say this, thank you to those that commented. Yes, on your end, it won't look like it worked, I had another avatar take a photo of the completed work. The top photo is what others will see, the bottom photo is what you will see in your own profile.

13 comments:

  1. Are you doing this on the web profile cause I just tried it inworld and it didn't work for me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, Jenny did reply, but yes, others will see it, you will not. Updated the post.

      Delete
  2. I can't get it to work for me either. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be working. We can't see it working in our own profiles, but others will see it. Updated the post for others!

      Delete
    2. I looked at it from my alt and it still looked messed up. Maybe I just need to be patient. :) Thank you Faye <3

      Delete
    3. are you writing [url title of url]?

      Delete
    4. yes I am but gonna completely delete my profile, save it and start over. we know how picky SL can be at times.

      Delete
    5. Please keep me updated! I hope it works. If it helps I use Firestorm, but I don't believe that should be an issue.

      Delete
  3. It works, you just can't see it yourself but when others look it'll show the way Faye's first picture shows it. Thanks btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding that others will see it. I knew I forgot something. But I did update the post.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Like Jenny said, you won't see it, but it is what others will see. Updated the blog post to help others in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for asking! After reading your comment, I checked, and it doesn't seem to work. I believe the code is looking for a complete url link. If someone finds out other wise, please comment!

      Delete