Sunday, May 10, 2015

Unmasking a Cure - Medieval Fair 2015


Photo by Evelyn Hartshon


          Hello Everyone! I will be covering an event called Unmasking a Cure - Medieval Faire. This post will be updated as I go. This event has recently come to my attention, through Firestorm. From what I understand this is the first year for this event, and they wish to make this an annually event. How exciting! Because this event lasts until the 17th of May, if you are a vendor and would like to take part while you have a chance, please make your way over. There are booths with NC'ed information, and you can also contact  Mary Teodosio or Jadedjewel13 Resident. Tons of information about Unmasking a Cure on their website. Not only is this event about raising funds and awareness for Relay for Life, but also bringing as many medieval role playing sims together to do that whole community. An entire community coming together in a single event for RFL and doing what they enjoy.


Amount raised for Event
(Updated 11th of May, 9am slt)
~L$1,142,137
~USD$264
Keep it going!

Events

Original by Fayette Aeon

There are tons of events going on!! A full Schedule can be found here. There are performances at the theater stage, there is jousting, a horse track, and archery range and more! There is something for nearly everyone. There is also a beautiful May pole and dancing orbs in the city centre if you want to just have fun in this beautiful environment.There are also auctions for the cause, either seating, or best of, so check everything out and tell your family and friends.


_________________________________________________________________________________

My Journal of  the Medieval Faire
(Not all factual)

Original by Fayette Aeon
_________________________________________________________________________________
Day 1
Photography by Fayette Aeon
Photography by Fayette Aeon
Following the dirt and rock path I come up to a horse track and a butcher. The horses seemed quite friendly and it was beautiful watching them. Some were feeding while others seemed to be running around enjoying the outdoors as much as I did. There admiring the horses was a beautiful young woman with fair skin and fair hair. Her deep blue eyes stood out among her hair and skin. Her dress was full and showed that her family had money. She was quite beautiful. The butcher had already taken one cow, and seemed not quite ready for the next. Behind me, there was a beautiful garden full of produce, near the chicken coop. It made me feel so welcomed, sort of at home. Before entering the event, I was able to explore the forest near by. The many trees, the sounds of the birds and water was just completely freeing. That was enough for me for my first day here, I ended up falling asleep and taking a nap among the trees.


Photography by Fayette Aeon

_________________________________________________________________________________
          I woke up in the forest, unexpectedly but I checked all of my belongings and found everything to be there. I must have been deep enough in for no one to notice me. I finished my way through the forest and ended up near a pond with a small pier. The fish didn't seem to be very active yet. The small pond ended up going under a bridge and turning into a river. I have always loved bridges. I can hover over the water, see so much, and yet keep all of my layers dry. I seemed to have gotten stares as I started to walk into town, but I think it was the clothing of my mother's I was wearing. She always stood out in her youth. (See Pirate outfit below).
          I got a bit lost in the moving water, but finally started exploring more. In front of the archery range was another young woman. Maybe a bit older than the one I had met yesterday, but not by much. The lady seemed to have more money though. And the way she held herself, it felt like it was her money. Not her family's money. I keep following the path until I come across this patch. It was actually quite a decent patch, of dark garden. It was completely magickal. As I stepped into the garden, I blacked out. I am not sure how many hours went past before I woke, but the world seemed different. Everything seemed bigger some how. (See purple avatar below). It had been a long exhausting day. Everything seemed foggy and off. I could not tell if I had already been dreaming or not. I walked into the forest, trying to gather my thoughts. ....*zzzzz*
_________________________________________________________________________________
Day 3 Day 4

Photography by Fayette Aeon

I woke up, thankfully, still in in the forest. I decided to get back to the event and as I was walking through the market I got a few stares. I tried to ignore the whispers and focus on trying to find something lovely for my home. Even though I was not going to be heading home until the event was over, I knew I could still get a few items without it being too much trouble. I am not completely sure what has happened until this gentlemen got low down and pointed out what was different. I was about a quarter of my normal size, quite purple and glowing eyes. I can see why people were taken aback at my appearance. I am surprised this person even decided to help me out. I think maybe someone has spiked my drink. I actually don't understand really happened. While speaking with the gentlemen, he explained that there was an elfin woman that may be able to help me, or at least explain more. I decided to search for this this woman, because I needed help.






Photography by Fayette Aeon
It took a moment to find the elfin woman, which meant I couldn't enjoy looking at the vendors. I couldn't partake in dancing, or any of the events happening like jousting, or dueling. In a rush to find her, I nearly passed her. It really doesn't help being at this angle. She was able to stop me, and knew something was wrong, and explained that in the dark garden, no matter how sweet and beautiful, plays a curse, as a silly joke, on all of those that try to enjoy it. This time the garden decided to play on me, being an Imp. I was happy that before the end of the day though, I did get two compliments on how cute of an Imp I was. The young looking elfin woman explained that only way to have the silly cursed removed was at the wishing well. I needed to go there, toss in a silver coin and wish for it to go away. That seemed too simple to me. She said I had to actually wish it backwards. Meaning saying the entire wish backwards. That doesn't sound too difficult. I thanked her, thinking about what I would say at the well. I made my way over, and it was nearly as beautiful as the garden that had cursed me. Staring into it I did my best. "Pmi an be regnol ton to hisw I" *ugh, nothing is happeneing. I must not have done it correctly* Slowly and carefully, while thinking, I try again. "Pmi...na...eb...regnol...ton...ot...hisw....I" *whew, I think I got it* My tummy started to feel like butterflies then my head started to spin. The worlds perspective changed and I felt more like myself. I looked down and was in the most beautiful dress. (See purple princess below) I am not sure the story behind the wishing well, or the dark garden, but it was most defiantly an interesting experience. I decided to celebrate with a dance near the May Pole at city centre.

Photography by Fayette Aeon
_________________________________________________________________________________
Day 5 
Photography by Fayette Aeon
It had been a very interesting experience at the Unmasking a Cure - Medieval Faire. I had slept in a forest, relaxed next to flowing water, saw beautiful gardens, became a small imp, wish with a well. Even granted one of the most beautiful dresses.  After I left the wishing well, I saw bags of candles among the grass. They looked orderly, so I stood on a bench near them and from above you can see the bags were placed in a way to spell the word HOPE. It actually filled me with hope in the moment. I scoured the faire for longer before finding one more store that had beautiful fabrics. Looking around a young woman was tending to me. For the last day, there was going to be a huge celebration, so the shop helped me pick something slightly more modern and inspired. It was an mermaid inspire piece, and I felt amazing. (See mermaid inspired dress below). Before calling it an evening and enjoying all the dancing I could I ran into a friend from my village and we had such a great conversation. She also enjoyed the faire and wished she had more coppers for more of the vendors. I think she looked lovely and ready to dance as well.  I have made this place my home now for nearly a week, and it is sort of weird that it is coming to an end. One of the last events would be an auction to keep helping the event. One of the biggest auctions being the entire Consignment - The Open Road Collection. ((The entire set (no copy, no mod, trans) is up for bidding. Surl (http://maps.secondlife.com/…/RFL%20Halfway%20200…/198/114/25). There is also a piece of art, and a living room set at least. Just check it out and tell others about it. All auctions end tonight at 7pm slt.)) I am happy to be going home to more normal routine, but I am also excited for next year.
Photography by Fayette Aeon
_________________________________________________________________________________

Relay For Life Items
          There are many many products at the fair that support the Relay for Life cause. Below are just a few of the items there. This does not include an item from every single vendor, nor does it show every item a single vendor has for the cause. Some merchants have items for the cause, while also having other items to show. Then some merchants only have items for the cause.

Original photo by Fayette Aeon

Hat: Alchemy - Pirate Hair {Navy}
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Kira {Golden}
Eye Patch: Alchemy - Pirate Eye Patch {Navy}
Eyes: Mayfly - Liquid Light {Golden Amber}
Skin: Logo - Chloe {Bloom}
RFL - Sword: Steel Souls - Nightwish 
RFL - Top: Tamiron Forge - Fabio Style Shirt {Female Blue}
Implants: Lola - Tangos
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands {Gesture & Bag}
RFL - Pants: Tamiron Forge - Don Juan Laced Pants {Unisex Black}
Boots: Slink - Vanity Boots {Black}
Pose: HopScotch - Dancing Blades I
Chests: Alchemy - Product chests
Bottle 1: O.M.E.N. - Into The Wardrobe {Ivory Horn}
Bottle 2: O.M.E.N. - Fairytales {Alice - Drink Me}
Dagger: O.M.E.N. - Fairytales {Snow White -  Huntsman Dagger}
Gems: O.M.E.N. - Fairytales {Snow White -  Dwarf Gems}
Shell with Gems: O.M.E.N. - Fairytales {Little Mermaid - Shell & Sparkle}
Song: Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest by Hans Zimmer

For RFL - Avatar: Completely Obvious - IMPZ Avatar Female {Purpleish}
Pose: HopScotch - Pose me Pretty I - 3
Brushes: On Page - Brushes/Feeds/Photographers
Song: Nocturnal Bloodlust - I-V-III (The Omnigod)


Outfit
Hair: Slink - Constance Hair {Nutmeg}
RFL - Crown: Tayren's Fantasy Fashions - Floral Hair Wreath {Purple Passion - Rare}
Eyes: IKON - Hope Eyes {Denim}
Ears: Soul - Uni Ears
Skin: Logo - Chloe {Bloom}
Jewelry: Alienbear - Princess Nieve {White}
RFL - Dress: G Sloane - Imperial Purple
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands {Gesture & Elegant1}
Feet: Slink - AvEnhance Feet {High}
Pose: HopScotch - Pose me pretty II - 5

Scene
RFL - Blanket: Gypsy Wolf - Gypsy Blanket {Colorful}
(The pose above is not in the blanket, 
but the blanket does have poses with it)
RFL - Baskets: G Sloane - May Baskets {Free}
Trees: Studio Skye - Enchanted Woods {4}


Hair: Ploom - Yar!
Eyes: Ikon - Hope Eyes {Denim}
Skin: Logo - Chloe {Bloom}
Outfit: Mermaid Treasure & Boutique - Scapa Flow Mermaid Dress
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands {Gesture & Elegant 1}
Nail Polish: Alaskametro - Vamp/Gold
Feet: Slink - AvEnhance Feet {Medium}
Pose: Aeon - Coming Soon

Down in the comments, let us know why you might support RFL. Also let us know what you liked about the Unmasking a Cure event. Maybe there is something you would like to see next year! Or link to your own post, or photo, so we can see you work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment