Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Book Meme - with Eudora



Outfit
Hair: Clawtooth - Doolittle [Bombshell Blonde]
Skin: Logo - Chloe [Almond]
Top: Drift - Morning Tank
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance [Flat & Gesture]
Pants: Fri.day - Designer Jeans
Shoes: Eudora - Oxford Low Tops

Stuff
[Left to Right]
Bookshelf: {vespertine - bookcase unit 1.light}
Book Clock: {what next} Book Clock 7
Stack of Books 1: Zigana . holiday spirit . books
Chair: Alouette - The Bibliotheque Chair - Green
Hanging Shelfs: Alouette - Hanging Book Shelf - Floral
Stack of Books 2: Apple Fall - Reading Pile 2
Suitcase of Books: {vespertine - green suitcase books}

          The Eudora shoes are currently located at the Men's Department for the April round. The Men's Department has now been around for two years! It includes versions for men and women. The 'single' color packs are 300L each. Browns and Blacks to Blues, and they are mixable if you get all the colors. More information here for the Men's Department.

Eudora is a mesh creating shop. They have mostly shoes at the moment, but they do plan on expanding. They do female shoes as well as unisex shoes. All the the shoes are the creation of the shop owners. They were hard to create the models and handpaint the textures. I really love the shoes here and hope you will love the shop too. It is pretty new but I see such a great future for it. Here are some links for Eudora 3D: Address, Flickr, Group Flickr, Marketplace, Youtube.
          I don't get the chance to really read these days, but I used to read so much in High School and College. Since then I have gotten 'real' jobs, married, moved about, and had a baby. Now with my toddler I find it hard to really be able to sit down and read without him climbing all over me, plus he is at a stage where he desires more attention. I am loving this book meme from Strawberry Singh. I would love to be able to find time to really get back into reading, which I believe will happen when my son really starts reading. Strawberry found this meme on a RL blog but felt it was too long so cut it short and changed things around quite a bit.
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
  1. Are you a bookworm? – I am not as big of a bookworm, compared to a few years ago. We used to have about 7 tall bookshelves full of books, then more through out the house. Since then I have aimed towards being more minimalist. I also now have books on my kindle and I read a lot of things off of the internet.
  2. Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – I am not sure if I have a preferred. I love hardcovers because they look so nice, they are sturdy and seem easier to hold in my hands than a paperback. I enjoy paperbacks because those were the books I read the most in high school, which also ment they seemed easier to put into my bad. As for my kindle I love it. I use it every day. Not usually for reading though. I love that it is like my phone and pc combined a bit. So I use it for some books, some apps, sometimes internet, and other times to entertain my toddler. It also fits perfectly in my bag, so I can take it for anything I might need it for.
  3. Which book is your favorite? – This is really hard to answer, but at the moment I am going to go with the NightWorld Series.
  4. Which children’s book is your favorite? – The number one book I go to as a childhood book would be Sheep In A Jeep. So much so that I got a child friendly, new version for my son when he was a baby.
  5. What’s the last book you’ve read? – The Dammed by L.S. Banks
  6. Name your top five favorite writers: – L.J. Smith, L.S. Banks, Silver Ravenwolf, Brom, "The Brothers Grimm" lol
  7. Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – Teen Witch by Silver Ravenwolf
  8. Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I read supernatural fantasy, witches, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters. I also like helpful books, for example, cookbooks, science, religion, parenting, and others. 
  9. Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – Favorite - Tank Girl, Least Favorite - I don't know
  10. Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Not that I can recall, but I will pick up a book to see if I like it, based off the cover alone.
  11. Where do you usually buy your books? – I have gotten book at Barnes and Nobles but mostly at a local store here called Bookmans. I love them because you can take your books to them, get credit (better than cash), then buy used books from them!
  12. Do you go to the library? – I love going to the library. I used to go a lot more when I was living in Cambridge (England), but recently I have been taking my son to a local library to show him get can get items, use them, then return them, and you do not have to hold on to everything.
  13. How many books do you own? – So now, in our house we are down to 4 short (3 shelf) bookshelves, and I do hope to cut back just a bit more. 
  14. If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? - I would probably write about the way drama happens in life and Second Life. How learning through SL can actually make a person really grow if they are open to it, and how to move on and forgive the best you can.
"If you decide to do a picture for this meme and are looking for a good place to find books, book shelves and other book-friendly furniture, definitely head down to Alouette. She has an amazing selection of home decor for book lovers." - Strawberry Singh
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under Strawberry's Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges she has done over the years.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of books in the pic, lol! Thanks for participating. <3

    ReplyDelete